MAS

Wednesday

Being Treated Like A Lady - You Are Worth It!

Yesterday I went to visit Mima in the rehabilitation, who by the way is doing a wonderful job regaining her strength and walking again. I always feel sad when I leave her because we tend to have great conversations about anything and everything.
-
On my way out there was a well dressed older gentleman walking the opposite way down the long hall, he stopped and tipped his hat to me as I passed and said, "Have a lovely evening". I actually blushed a little as I said, "Well, thank you, you do the same". It was such of a nice gesture on his part and reminded me that I DESERVE TO ALWAYS BE TREATED LIKE A LADY!
-
Not that I settle for less but now a days most of us are in rush mode all the time and tend not even notice when a man does something nice for us. If you respect yourself and know that you are worth it a man will treat you as deserve.
-
Recognizing your own self worth is a lot harder than it sounds, I know first hand because I didn't always realize that I was worth having doors held open for me and more. I struggled with my own security for years allowing others (family and a not so significant other) to tell me that I was not worth anything at all but I KNOW BETTER! I am a wonderful loving woman and a terrific mother who deserves nothing but the best in life. And so don't you! Don't get me wrong I'm not telling you ladies to go yelling at your husbands saying that you deserve to drive a Bentley or a new Coach purse. What you do deserve is to be treated with respect and love at all times. This is a two way street now so don't forget to always treat your man/loved ones with the same respect.

9 comments:

  1. You are so right. I try to teach my son now to open the door for me when we are out and about but it's hard. They don't get it because they only think of themselves. Chilvary is long gone and unfortunately we women made it that way. You know how we like to do things for ourselves. But when it does happen, it does feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN! Love this post!
    Happy Happy SITS Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post!

    I've popped over from SITS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love and respect makes the world go round! :) Enjoy your SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is nice to see a gentleman as well. We don't see that too much any more. I think they all got scared away from nice gestures when women were trying to be more independent. But a kind gesture is just that and it should be appreciated. Happy SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful article and I do agree.
    I am struggling with the same thing even right now.

    I love when my husband hold a door open for me. Sometimes I feel like I should help him or....but I remind myself he is doing something nice and also doing what I'm teaching my son, so it's good.

    Thanks for sharing.
    Very nice blog

    And I'm visiting from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great reminder from us all! Thanks for sharing.

    Congratulations on your SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this - in today's times especially, it is more important than ever to teach our children the simple and thoughtful gestures of respect. Really like your blog, here from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is amazing how we ladies forget to demand certain things, isn't it? I'm glad I read this today.

    Happy (belated) SITS day!

    ReplyDelete