MAS

Tuesday

Hush Your Mouth!

Today I am going to bring up something that has been around as long as time....GOSSIP!!!  I am now in my mid-thirties and can not believe that even at this age I am surrounded by people who just do not know how to mind their business nor their mouths.  And no, I do not work at a high school! 

I am not one too participate in the BS time passer.  When approached by someone who can't wait to tell me "all about Betty" I simply brush them off and say I'd rather not be involved.  It's sad really, grown adults (women especially are guilty) feel a need to belong in certain "groups" so they will open their ears wide then turn to their neighbors with their mouths even wider!  I've always felt that those who gossip to you will gossip about you...in a heart beat!  Of course, either way even if you don't participate they will have something to say but then we call them "Haters"!  People love to hate on those they want to be like, so you're doing something right!

So here's my challenge to you, the next time "Sue" comes over to your house or cubicle and starts telling you some BS about "Jenny" and "Jack" tell her you "DON'T WANT TO BE INVOLVED"!  If she respects your wishes then cool if not then I'd scratch her off your "friend list".  It has to stop somewhere, all gossip does is hurt people.  So what if it's true, does it really affect you? No? Then hush and mind your business!  

And if you are like me and keep your own business yours, I admire your strength!  Pass that on!   

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I have to admit that I like to hear stories though, I would never repeat something. You are a strong woman to resist such a tawdry temptation! Rock ON!

    ReplyDelete