MAS

Monday

Old-New Year's Resolutions

It really trips me out when I hear people talking about some of their New Year Resolutions. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for setting goals in life and striving to achieve them at a realistic pace but waiting for a "New Year" to set them just doesn't make sense to me. When you postpone your goals/resolutions you are basically wasting time, by the time 2010 or whatever year comes along you could've been half way to achieving it already.
-
I know, this is just my opinion but time is not on your side. You never know what will happen in life that is why I don't believe in waiting for a New Year to make resolutions.
-
I named the title "Old-New Year's Resolutions" because I have known many people that continue to make the same resolutions every year. For example:


2010 New Year Resolutions!

1. Work out 20 minutes everyday
2. Eat healthier
3. Loose 25 pounds (goes back to #1 and #2)
4. Spend more time with family and friends
5. Quit smoking
6. Quit drinking
7. Get organized
8. Go to Church
-
I could go on and on with this list but y'all get the point. These are all simple daily tasks that are achievable everyday not something you should put off to a New Year's Resolution. Make that list today and try your best to start TODAY. Start small then get into the more difficult resolutions as you surpass the simple ones.
-
At this time of the year you are going to find tons of articles on this subject, hear it on the radio and see it on the news. Do what is best for you, take each day and make it worth it.
-
Put your heart and mind to it and you can achieve anything! Believe in yourself! I hope you all have a blessed New Year!

7 comments:

  1. I am working on my New Year's resolution post now...and trying so hard not to put the same old stuff on there! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd still like to lose those 25 pounds though ;)

    Great blog! I feel the same way about resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya! I just posted yesterday about how I don't get why we feel a new year is the best time to make goals... when really we can make goals any time we want!

    Anyway, Happy New Year to you!

    Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great resolutions mama! Here's to an awesome 2010!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never been good at declaring new years resolutions. But this year I hope to get into shape. My son wants me to join his karate class. Not sure if I will be able to keep up with the physical requirements but I am going to give it a try. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally agree! It's even worse when one spends a lot of time putting in a whole list of resolutions and then forget about it half-way of the month. I guess whatever it is that we strive to do or change, let's also not forget to change our attitude and the way we think. That will significantly impact our outcomes :-) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exactly, Ladies! Strive to always be your best...not just when starting a New Year. You have to believe in yourself for others to believe in you too.

    ReplyDelete