MAS

Saturday

Challenge Yourself

Happy New Year to all my readers, friends and family.  I hope the excitement of another year has encouraged you all to make big strides in your life.  Life changes around us everyday it's up to us to adapt to it all.  Yesterday, my Mima walks over to me and says, "I want to learn to use the computer"!  I was so excited for her, she's going to be 86 next week and continues to challenge herself to continue learning.  The kicker is when I put the laptop in front of her she was on it, she started immeditaly scrolling around with the mouse and clicking then she even sent an email to my Dad!  I know he will be excited as well when he sees her email that see typed on her own.
-
Get out of your comfort zone, learn something new challenge yourself.  You only fail when you expect to fail.  It's human nature to some people to believe that they can not accomplish something, I know first hand how change can be a scary thing at times, that is where they are so wrong!  If you really want it, go for it and achieve it!  It can be anything from learning a new language, loosing weight, starting your own business, playing a major league sport, to becomming President of the United States!  It all starts with you and that dream you have...live that dream don't just keep closing your eyes waiting for the dream to come to you. 
-
Find your motivation it's in you.  Challenge yourself and you will be amazed at just how great you really are!  Set your limits but overcome those boundaries. 

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post! And oh so true. :) It is vital to challenge oneself all of the time and to continually step out of our comfort zones. Plus, it makes life so much more interesting. :) I love that your Mima learned how to send emails and is getting the basics of the computer - how awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know first hand how hard it is to step out of your comfort zone and change your mindset. What you are accustomed to is not always what is best for you. Most of the time it is "US" who stand in the way of our own happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great inspiration for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Preach it gurl!!!! Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Thank you for stopping by my site! You said it all right here! I'm off to make changes in my life I think for the first time in 13 years. Reading your post today is very encouraging, because I know I'm on the right path:)

    Have a Happy and Blessed New Year!
    Ms. Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies, it is an honor to be able to encourage my readers to know that they are capable of being their personal best.

    It took me years to gain self confidence and figure out that I am worth it all. Now that I have there's no turning back....watch out world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the picture of an 86 year old lady tap, tap, tapping away at a keyboard! Thanks for sharing that story.

    I've often said that education is wasted on the young! I hope that I never stop learning and trying new things!

    Warmest Wishes For 2010!

    Denise Burks
    www.successinthesuburbs.blogspot.com
    www.stepmotherinthesuburbs.blogspot.com
    www.successfulweightlossinthesuburbs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete